4.5 gigs on e??? help please

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
IlkilledKurtCobain

4.5 gigs on e??? help please

Post by IlkilledKurtCobain »

gentoox asks for 4.5 gigs on e: I have deleted everything i have possibly can and yet theres still not enough room. I thought gentoox could work without a harddrive upgrade? am I missing something here?
orochi
Gentoox Guru!

Post by orochi »

Ive had to reformat my drive to get enough space on E, but than again it worked for me.
IlkilledKurtCobain

does the installer reformat on its own, what is the procedure to format?
s717ch3s
Linux User

reformat

Post by s717ch3s »

I used GT-Jays boot disk, or an Avalaunch boot disk. Like the one used to do a modded install after a chip has been installed. The X3 chip also has the ability to format the drive. I think your problem was that when your xbox was first modded, you may have used the EvoX disk to format. It needed less space on the E drive.
no animals were harmed in sending this message, although trillions of electrons were horribly inconvenienced...
IlkilledKurtCobain

Im not using a modchip, I'm not using Evox either. I prefer UnleashX. Ill try those boot disks thanks

P.S. having a hard time finding avalauch. Even with bittorrent. Is there some site where I can find it (what is xbins?)
IlkilledKurtCobain

ignore the above. I have xbins figured out :wink:
roofus
Novice

Post by roofus »

Formatting E is often your best choice, as the space available is usually misrepresented.

From FAQ
Not enough free space on E:
http://gentoox.shallax.com/modules.php? ... ral+FAQ#67