apache port forwarding problem

Talk about anything related to Gentoox or Gentoo.
lacion

apache port forwarding problem

Post by lacion »

ok i just finish instaling pro v2 native, and i have mysql up and runing and conecting to the xbox trought ssh, i have the ssh port 22 forwarded to the xbox and i can connect there trought the internet.

the problem is with apache i not sure what i doing wrong i have forwarded the port 80 of apache to the same ip as ssh (my xbox ip, is a static one i assigned) but when i try to acces it from outside home it dosent work i get an web page not found error in firefox. but in local network i can see if i put the xbox ip addres the default apache page.

i readed something about iptable, but i havent touch any of that.

if i run a port scanner i see that i have a service in port 22(ssh) but it says that i dont have any service in port 80.

anyone got a clue why this could be i geting out of ideas.

you can see by yourself here xbs.no-ip.org

i cant conenct to port 80, but i do can connect to ssh
s717ch3s
Linux User

Post by s717ch3s »

I had the same problem, I found that it was my ISP blocking port 80 because hosting a website is not in my contract. I got around this by changing the listening port in webmin for apache to 8000. But then you have to refrence to port whatever like "xbs.no-ip.org:8000".

Hope that helps!
no animals were harmed in sending this message, although trillions of electrons were horribly inconvenienced...
lacion

Post by lacion »

going to try that right now :D thanks s7
lacion

Post by lacion »

s717ch3s you where right, but i do not have anything in my contrac about hosting anything, heh but now it works

http://xbs.no-ip.org:8000/

thank you.
s717ch3s
Linux User

Post by s717ch3s »

Thats cool that you got it workin! I wonder why port 80 was blocked then???? Maybe they dont tell you, but block it anyway.... kinda shady....
no animals were harmed in sending this message, although trillions of electrons were horribly inconvenienced...