Dead HDD after powering off xbox

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
Black0ut

Dead HDD after powering off xbox

Post by Black0ut »

Gentoox MCE froze on my xbox and I hit the power button to shut it off (I know you're not supposed to but I couldn't think of anything else!). Well when I went to turn it back on it flashed green for a second then off, then green for a second then off again, then it comes on but nothing comes up on the screen and the light just blinks from red to green. The xbox won't boot any disc, not even original games anymore. I installed the bios that was on new MCE install ISO. I've already tried to use xboxhdm to set up my HDD on my PC but thats not working either. Anyone got any suggestions?
vplayer

Post by vplayer »

Its a good thing to read the manual before you install and also read the questions during install.

You need to have to give more info on your xbox to get more help.
Nothing was wrong with your hdd, its your bios.

I think there are a lot of threads with how to fix this within the gentoox forums.
Box: XBOX ver 1.1
Mod: Xecutor 2.3 lite+
Hdd: WD 80GB
Dash: Evox, Ava, XBMC
Linux: Gentoox Pro 4.2
orochi
Gentoox Guru!

Post by orochi »

if your getting Flashing Red And Green (known as FRAG) check your modchip, specifically your d0 point. For more help on this please seek it from another forums, namely xbox-scene.com
kaos_engr
Novice

Post by kaos_engr »

Fragging can occur not only from BIOS failure but from not having the files on the xbox hdd for it to complete the bootup process.

Could be a bad flash too, switch banks and boot from a different bios on your modchip. If you don't resize the bios for flashing you can make it FRAG. The loader.bin on the disk is 256k. A lot of modchips use 512k banks thus needs to be resized to 512k before flashing.

You'll need to have a locked hdd with the xbox dashboard installed is using the orignal M$ bios or a hacked bios on your modchip.

What bios is booting? Flashbios or a hacked bios. If a hacked bios, switch to a modchip bank with a Cromwell Linux BIOS to boot Gentoox MCE from media in the xbox's dvd drive.

--
kaos_engr