Improve background tasks and problem with Gentoox Loader

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
sham
Linux User

Improve background tasks and problem with Gentoox Loader

Post by sham »

Hi,
after three months Xebian i want test Gentoox Pro, i have installed it after the tutorial of cheesyboofs. Now Gentoox works very fine, but when i type top over ssh i see many task. which can i remove? I want only run azureus and ssh over the box.
Here a picture

On the gentoox screen is Gentoox not listet, there is only cd (hdb), netboot, and options, my chip is a x-changer. what could it be? iam booting gentoox via the options > linux boot > hda > Gentoox
orochi
Gentoox Guru!

Post by orochi »

none really, you still have 14.6mb of memory free before installing stuff, and if you installed gentoox correctly it should show up as FatX boot option in the center of the screen
clpalmer
Power user

Post by clpalmer »

Bout the only thing I can see in there you can get rid of is a few of the agetty terminals. Should be able to edit /etc/inittab and comment out at least tty's 3-6. I only use via ssh one console at a time, though, so I don't know if you need that many consoles. If not, though, should save you a few % of your memory.

Other option is to remove xwindows altogether and run ctorrent or some such instead of azureus =)
sham
Linux User

Post by sham »

I want use Azureus because of the Webinterface Plugin. I want access my xbox from every where with a internet browser... there are only torrentflux and azureus. Azureus is my favorit.