Upgraded Hard Drive, but the loader doesnt let me boot it.

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
havok1977
Linux User

Upgraded Hard Drive, but the loader doesnt let me boot it.

Post by havok1977 »

Hi every1, about a year ago i purchased a second xbox to turn it into a file server with Gentoox and Samba, after some days of investigation and trial/error i got it working, and i even soldered the motherboard to be able to flash with TSOP using raincoat.

It has been working smoothly ever since, however i have recently reached the storage limit of the 160 Gbytes HD i installed back then, so i bought a new larger drive and put it in the same xbox and installed the latest version of Gentoox Home, everything ok so far; but after installation is complete and i try to boot the Xbox with the new HD, the loader wont let me move the cursor to the left to select it.

So now everytime i want to boot the xbox i am stuck with Stardust, and the Xbox *always* ejects the dvd drive expecting the CD.

I should note that i am trying to move the cursor with a keyboard (using a home made adapter which worked) and with the Xpad. And that i didnt upgrade the loader in my TSOP, it is still v4.0 (i will upgrade and try again tonight).

But in the meantime, any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks in advance.
vplayer

Post by vplayer »

hi,

what files do you have in your E drive. can you move ur cursor to the right. I think there are 3 options there... Let us know which ones are highlighted.

If you have got a larger hdd, what kinda partitions did you make. Search for native or partition on the forums and you will get more info on larger hdd's.
Box: XBOX ver 1.1
Mod: Xecutor 2.3 lite+
Hdd: WD 80GB
Dash: Evox, Ava, XBMC
Linux: Gentoox Pro 4.2
havok1977
Linux User

Post by havok1977 »

Thanks for your reply, i fixed it updating the bootloader; I made a native installation with the xbe and the loading utilities installed on E:

Cheers!