how to prevent magic from downgrading to 2.4 again?

Talk about anything related to Gentoox or Gentoo.
linbox
Linux User

how to prevent magic from downgrading to 2.4 again?

Post by linbox »

I just read that you updated magic and it will downgrade everybody again to 2.4.

I don't have any problems with 2.6 so is there a way to keep the 2.6 kernel and still run magic to get all the other improvements there are available through magic?

Guenter
Schultz
Novice

same

Post by Schultz »

I am in same boat. I use ext3 natively so i don't have any FatX issues at all. so i would rather still use magic and not have it downgrade my system at all.
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

There is no way.
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
Schultz
Novice

Post by Schultz »

damn.. well then is there any change that i could get your patches against the 2.6 tree to start building / using my own kernel with your patches of course. I checked through all the download files. And i remember you used to publish the b0x files but i can't find them anymore..
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Since I coded ShAPAChE, I wrote a directory listings routine for it... this means I don't need to worry about posting all the .b0x files in the developer section - people are free to browse the repository at their leisure.

http://shallax.com:2000
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
Schultz
Novice

Post by Schultz »

ShALLaX wrote:Since I coded ShAPAChE, I wrote a directory listings routine for it... this means I don't need to worry about posting all the .b0x files in the developer section - people are free to browse the repository at their leisure.

http://shallax.com:2000
Yea i also just read your news post. Thanks again.