GentooX just wont work anymore

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
Scrufdog
Novice

GentooX just wont work anymore

Post by Scrufdog »

So installed Home 3.2 on my box. Had it running great. Now I leave home, with the xbox, get to where I'm working for the next 5-6 weeks and GentooX doesnt do anything no matter what.

I first started GentooX when i got here, loader stalled giving me a cluster error 0(3 lines total). I uninstalled 3.2, and now I'm trying to install Pro 2.0a. Now the loader hangs on the DVD, burned 4 times. Twice using the standard ISO, twice inserting a 700mb dummy file, then burning that ISO. just freezes on the blue loader screen.

So now I try to install Home 3.2 again, using the same DVD I used in the past to successfully install it, and again it freezes on the loader screen. wtf???

The only thing that has changed from my house to here is the a/v adapter. At home I have the HD pack, here I am using the standard adapter. I've read that changing these can cause issues, but even on a fresh install? Or booting on a DVD?

The time is correct, and everything else works fine on the xbox, I've gone through and played/watched/used everything on the HDD.

Any ideas?
vplayer

Post by vplayer »

Hi,

If you could install it in the first place why do you think it has to do something with gentoox. You didnt have to mess with gentoox after you got it running the first time. Theres something loose on your xbox or something else is wrong.

I dont have a hd pack, so dont know how that configuration works on the dash. You mayhave to reset it on your dash before you start gentoox I guess.
Box: XBOX ver 1.1
Mod: Xecutor 2.3 lite+
Hdd: WD 80GB
Dash: Evox, Ava, XBMC
Linux: Gentoox Pro 4.2
Scrufdog
Novice

Post by Scrufdog »

i wasnt trying to say something was wrong with GentooX itself, just trying to get some ideas on what the problem was.

You gave me an idea, something loose. I took everything apart, found nothing loose, put it back together, and everything seems to be working fine now.

Thanks, good call.
Xbox 1.0 - Thomson DVD
Chameleon 1.5 - EvoX M8+
EvolutionX 3935
WD2000 HD - Locked
vplayer

Post by vplayer »

no no I wasnt saying that either.. was just saying you shouldnt have started messing with gentoox in the first place cause you know it worked before. :) but good that your xbox is working now, so you can setup everything back the way you like.
Box: XBOX ver 1.1
Mod: Xecutor 2.3 lite+
Hdd: WD 80GB
Dash: Evox, Ava, XBMC
Linux: Gentoox Pro 4.2