resctoox - f-drive question

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
ghostcorps
Linux User

Post by ghostcorps »

oh... ok.. thanks :)

=^_^=
inflex

Post by inflex »

i know this is an old thread to bump, but my question regards this post perfectly. i have read about the troubles when running Resctoox from the HD, however I am not willing to flash my current bios with any for Gentoox as I simply just want to try it out for a bit, WITHOUT it cluttering my E drive as it only leave a few MB left for gamesaves. Does anyone know if the new Resctoox 1.8 will work off the HD? I am willing to learn/do any method of getting Gentoox on my F drive without using a CD/DVD, I cannot flash my bios and Gentoox Loader refuses to read any discs I burn (Stardust/Resctoox on CDRW, DVDR, track at once, disc at once, etc.).
Any help is appreciated, at the moment i will try the HD install of the newest resctoox.
inflex

Post by inflex »

confirmed - the method shallax posted with the new resctoox works like a CHARM! this is the best way to install to F without a disk, for a noob at least - hands down
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Glad to hear it.
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo