Noobish question bout linux games

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
bloodpainter

Noobish question bout linux games

Post by bloodpainter »

i am a big noob to linux but have KDE on my xbox and am tinkering around with it...
I would like to ask if i put a game that was made for linux, like Heroes of Might and magic 3 for linux on a cd and then inserted it into my xbox while using linux, how would i go about installing a game like that... sorry if it sounds real stupid im just used to windows and autoplay.

Any help appreciated
honukele
Novice

Post by honukele »

As a newbie myself, I can't give you an answer, however, you should definitely look at http://www.gentoo.org/ and search through their 'online package database' for software. If the program that you want to install is in their database, you can easily install it via the 'emerge' command in a terminal window.

There is information there about installing software offline, as well.
Trogdor
Gentoox Guru!

Post by Trogdor »

Insert the CD. Mount /mnt/cdrom. cd to /mnt/cdrom. read the readme (if it exists). Run the installer program.

However, I think that KDE has a CD mounting interface . . . make sure that you have permissions to read the CD.
MOUNT TAPE U1439 ON B3, NO RING

Q: HOW DO I RUN MAGIC ??
A: You run magic by not typing in capital letters.