Problem after latest magic update on Xorg

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
kopibean
Adept

Problem after latest magic update on Xorg

Post by kopibean »

Hi, I have ran magic yesterday to update the Xorg and now my xbox is behaving strangely. After magic completed compiling the xorg, it prompted the Xbvset to configure the screen setting which I gladly do so. However after the reboot, my xbox now only display the xvkbd virtual keyboard with the background totally black (no menu bar, icon,etc). I couldn't launch any terminal or any application from it now. I have putty in to the xbox and type "startx" which say the x server is running on display 0.

Anyone can help!! Thanks.
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Do you get the GDM login screen?
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
kopibean
Adept

Post by kopibean »

No, I do not get the GDM login screen. The screen currently only display a black background with the virtual keyboard as the only visible window.

Previously while running xfree, I have configured (from the xfree setup icon) to autologin to my xbox on booting up. Is the problem due to auto-login ? anyway that I can rectify it? Thakns.
vplayer

Post by vplayer »

when you ran magic, what did you enter for all the options like
XServer, kde, Xfree, mplayer, Xkvbd

I have pro and during the Xorg update, I only installed XServer. So now I get a gentoox login with the keyboard and then once I login I get a black screen with the keyboard. which is fine with me cause I dont want to slow my xbox down :)
Box: XBOX ver 1.1
Mod: Xecutor 2.3 lite+
Hdd: WD 80GB
Dash: Evox, Ava, XBMC
Linux: Gentoox Pro 4.2
kopibean
Adept

Post by kopibean »

Hi, I did not get the option that you have mentioned. The only option that was prompted was xbvset to configure the screen resolution.

I am running Home 3.1 edition though. Any idea what may be the problem?
vplayer

Post by vplayer »

maybe.... just fix xfree if thats the windows manager ur using ..

magic fix xfree && magic

I havent done this, so you may need to search the forums on this one. The xfree could be Xfree (with a capital x) not so sure..

hope it helps,
kopibean
Adept

Post by kopibean »

Hi, I have tried "magix fix xfree && magic" in either Captial or lower case, but both doesnt work. I have browse through the gentoo portege catalog but couldnt find xfree portage there. Seem like it is no longer supported.

Is there any other way I can get back the original xbox setting and re-run the magic again?
vplayer

Post by vplayer »

Hi,

yes gentoo stopped support for XFree. But shallax still supports it as its preinstalled inside gentoox.

Actually this is an uninstall option.. "magic fix xfree"

If this doesnt work, just try running magic again.

hth
kopibean
Adept

Post by kopibean »

Hi, I have tried the following command few times:

magic fix xfree && magic <- this doesnt work at all

magix fix kde && magic <- this tried to compile kde but it failed half way thru

magix fix xfce && magic <- this prompt u whether to update kde and xfce and I choose only update xfce. It tried to update xfce but it failed pretty quickly

after which when you tried to magic fix kde or magic fix xfce

Now my xbox is almost 'screwed', with the windows manager 'semi' kde. ie. It boot up with the dark grey screen kde style backaground, with virtual keyboard and nothing else.

Any expert care to lend a support to restore it to my original gentoox condition??? thanks a million
kopibean
Adept

Post by kopibean »

Hi, my xbox is still not working after several hours of compiling kde.

Here's the erorr msg when I tried to magic and install kde.

---------------------
Please answer the following questions (if any) in lowercase:

Do you want to emerge sync? This is only needed if you have not done
so in a long time - about a week or two, syncing allows you to install
the latest stable software. (yes/no): no
Do you want KDE? (yes/no): no
Do you want XFCE4? (yes/no): yes

sync: no
kde: yes
xfce4: yes
p
/usr/qt/3/bin/moc ./kmwrlpr.h -o kmwrlpr.moc
/bin/sh ../../libtool --silent --mode=compile --tag=CXX g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I../../dcop -I../../kio/kssl -I../.. -I../../kdeprint -I../../kdeprint/management -I../../dcop -I../../libltdl -I../../kdefx -I../../kdecore -I../../kdeui -I../../kio -I../../kio/kio -I../../kio/kfile -I../.. -I/usr/qt/3/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/kde/3.3/include -D_KDEPRINT_COMPILE -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -D_REENTRANT -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wundef -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -DNDEBUG -DNO_DEBUG -O2 -march=pentium3 -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE -DQT_NO_ASCII_CAST -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPAT -DQT_NO_TRANSLATION -c -o kmproprlpr.lo kmproprlpr.cpp
/bin/sh ../../libtool --silent --mode=compile --tag=CXX g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I../../dcop -I../../kio/kssl -I../.. -I../../kdeprint -I../../kdeprint/management -I../../dcop -I../../libltdl -I../../kdefx -I../../kdecore -I../../kdeui -I../../kio -I../../kio/kio -I../../kio/kfile -I../.. -I/usr/qt/3/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/kde/3.3/include -D_KDEPRINT_COMPILE -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -D_REENTRANT -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wundef -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -DNDEBUG -DNO_DEBUG -O2 -march=pentium3 -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE -DQT_NO_ASCII_CAST -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPAT -DQT_NO_TRANSLATION -c -o kmproxywidget.lo kmproxywidget.cpp
/bin/sh ../../libtool --silent --mode=compile --tag=CXX g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I../../dcop -I../../kio/kssl -I../.. -I../../kdeprint -I../../kdeprint/management -I../../dcop -I../../libltdl -I../../kdefx -I../../kdecore -I../../kdeui -I../../kio -I../../kio/kio -I../../kio/kfile -I../.. -I/usr/qt/3/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/kde/3.3/include -D_KDEPRINT_COMPILE -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -D_REENTRANT -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wundef -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -DNDEBUG -DNO_DEBUG -O2 -march=pentium3 -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE -DQT_NO_ASCII_CAST -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPAT -DQT_NO_TRANSLATION -c -o kmconfigproxy.lo kmconfigproxy.cpp
/bin/sh ../../libtool --silent --mode=compile --tag=CXX g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I../../dcop -I../../kio/kssl -I../.. -I../../kdeprint -I../../kdeprint/management -I../../dcop -I../../libltdl -I../../kdefx -I../../kdecore -I../../kdeui -I../../kio -I../../kio/kio -I../../kio/kfile -I../.. -I/usr/qt/3/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/kde/3.3/include -D_KDEPRINT_COMPILE -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -D_REENTRANT -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wundef -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -DNDEBUG -DNO_DEBUG -O2 -march=pentium3 -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE -DQT_NO_ASCII_CAST -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPAT -DQT_NO_TRANSLATION -c -o kmwrlpr.lo kmwrlpr.cpp
/bin/sh ../../libtool --silent --mode=link --tag=CXX g++ -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wundef -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -DNDEBUG -DNO_DEBUG -O2 -march=pentium3 -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE -DQT_NO_ASCII_CAST -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPAT -DQT_NO_TRANSLATION -o kdeprint_rlpr.la -rpath /usr/kde/3.3/lib/kde3 -L/usr/lib -L/usr/qt/3/lib -L/usr/kde/3.3/lib -module -avoid-version -no-undefined -Wl,--no-undefined -Wl,--allow-shlib-undefined kmrlprfactory.lo kmrlprmanager.lo krlprprinterimpl.lo kmrlpruimanager.lo kmwrlpr.lo kmproprlpr.lo kmproxywidget.lo kmconfigproxy.lo ../../kdeprint/management/libkdeprint_management.la
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kdelibs-3.3.2-r2/work/kdelibs-3.3.2/kdeprint/rlpr'
Making all in ext
make[3]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/kdelibs-3.3.2-r2/work/kdelibs-3.3.2/kdeprint/ext'
/bin/sh ../../libtool --silent --mode=compile --tag=CXX g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I../../dcop -I../../kio/kssl -I../.. -I../../kdeprint -I../../dcop -I../../libltdl -I../../kdefx -I../../kdecore -I../../kdeui -I../../kio -I../../kio/kio -I../../kio/kfile -I../.. -I/usr/qt/3/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/kde/3.3/include -D_KDEPRINT_COMPILE -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -D_REENTRANT -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wundef -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -DNDEBUG -DNO_DEBUG -O2 -march=pentium3 -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE -DQT_NO_ASCII_CAST -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPAT -DQT_NO_TRANSLATION -c -o kmextfactory.lo kmextfactory.cpp
/bin/sh ../../libtool --silent --mode=compile --tag=CXX g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I../../dcop -I../../kio/kssl -I../.. -I../../kdeprint -I../../dcop -I../../libltdl -I../../kdefx -I../../kdecore -I../../kdeui -I../../kio -I../../kio/kio -I../../kio/kfile -I../.. -I/usr/qt/3/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/kde/3.3/include -D_KDEPRINT_COMPILE -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -D_REENTRANT -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wundef -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -DNDEBUG -DNO_DEBUG -O2 -march=pentium3 -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE -DQT_NO_ASCII_CAST -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPAT -DQT_NO_TRANSLATION -c -o kmextmanager.lo kmextmanager.cpp
/bin/sh ../../libtool --silent --mode=compile --tag=CXX g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I../../dcop -I../../kio/kssl -I../.. -I../../kdeprint -I../../dcop -I../../libltdl -I../../kdefx -I../../kdecore -I../../kdeui -I../../kio -I../../kio/kio -I../../kio/kfile -I../.. -I/usr/qt/3/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/kde/3.3/include -D_KDEPRINT_COMPILE -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -D_REENTRANT -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wundef -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -DNDEBUG -DNO_DEBUG -O2 -march=pentium3 -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE -DQT_NO_ASCII_CAST -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPAT -DQT_NO_TRANSLATION -c -o kextprinterimpl.lo kextprinterimpl.cpp
/bin/sh ../../libtool --silent --mode=compile --tag=CXX g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../.. -I../../dcop -I../../kio/kssl -I../.. -I../../kdeprint -I../../dcop -I../../libltdl -I../../kdefx -I../../kdecore -I../../kdeui -I../../kio -I../../kio/kio -I../../kio/kfile -I../.. -I/usr/qt/3/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/kde/3.3/include -D_KDEPRINT_COMPILE -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -D_REENTRANT -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wundef -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -DNDEBUG -DNO_DEBUG -O2 -march=pentium3 -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE -DQT_NO_ASCII_CAST -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPAT -DQT_NO_TRANSLATION -c -o kmextuimanager.lo kmextuimanager.cpp
/bin/sh ../../libtool --silent --mode=link --tag=CXX g++ -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wundef -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -DNDEBUG -DNO_DEBUG -O2 -march=pentium3 -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE -DQT_NO_ASCII_CAST -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPAT -DQT_NO_TRANSLATION -o kdeprint_ext.la -rpath /usr/kde/3.3/lib/kde3 -L/usr/lib -L/usr/qt/3/lib -L/usr/kde/3.3/lib -module -avoid-version -no-undefined -Wl,--no-undefined -Wl,--allow-shlib-undefined kmextfactory.lo kmextmanager.lo kextprinterimpl.lo kmextuimanager.lo ../../kdeprint/libkdeprint.la
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kdelibs-3.3.2-r2/work/kdelibs-3.3.2/kdeprint/ext'
Making all in filters
make[3]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/kdelibs-3.3.2-r2/work/kdelibs-3.3.2/kdeprint/filters'
make[3]: Nothing to be done for `all'.
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kdelibs-3.3.2-r2/work/kdelibs-3.3.2/kdeprint/filters'
Making all in pics
make[3]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/kdelibs-3.3.2-r2/work/kdelibs-3.3.2/kdeprint/pics'
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kdelibs-3.3.2-r2/work/kdelibs-3.3.2/kdeprint/pics'
Making all in tools
make[3]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/kdelibs-3.3.2-r2/work/kdelibs-3.3.2/kdeprint/tools'
Making all in escputil
make[4]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/kdelibs-3.3.2-r2/work/kdelibs-3.3.2/kdeprint/tools/escputil'
/usr/qt/3/bin/moc ./escpwidget.h -o escpwidget.moc
/bin/sh ../../../libtool --silent --mode=compile --tag=CXX g++ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -I. -I. -I../../.. -I../../../dcop -I../../../kio/kssl -I../../../dcop -I../../../libltdl -I../../../kdefx -I../../../kdecore -I../../../kdeui -I../../../kio -I../../../kio/kio -I../../../kio/kfile -I../../.. -I/usr/qt/3/include -I/usr/X11R6/include -I/usr/kde/3.3/include -DQT_THREAD_SUPPORT -D_REENTRANT -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wundef -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -DNDEBUG -DNO_DEBUG -O2 -march=pentium3 -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE -DQT_NO_ASCII_CAST -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPAT -DQT_NO_TRANSLATION -c -o escpwidget.lo escpwidget.cpp
/bin/sh ../../../libtool --silent --mode=link --tag=CXX g++ -Wnon-virtual-dtor -Wno-long-long -Wundef -ansi -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=500 -D_BSD_SOURCE -Wcast-align -Wconversion -Wchar-subscripts -Wall -W -Wpointer-arith -Wwrite-strings -DNDEBUG -DNO_DEBUG -O2 -march=pentium3 -O2 -fomit-frame-pointer -pipe -Wformat-security -Wmissing-format-attribute -fno-exceptions -fno-check-new -fno-common -DQT_CLEAN_NAMESPACE -DQT_NO_ASCII_CAST -DQT_NO_STL -DQT_NO_COMPAT -DQT_NO_TRANSLATION -o kdeprint_tool_escputil.la -rpath /usr/kde/3.3/lib/kde3 -L/usr/lib -L/usr/qt/3/lib -L/usr/kde/3.3/lib -module -avoid-version -no-undefined -Wl,--no-undefined -Wl,--allow-shlib-undefined escpwidget.lo ../../../kdeui/libkdeui.la
make[4]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kdelibs-3.3.2-r2/work/kdelibs-3.3.2/kdeprint/tools/escputil'
make[4]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/kdelibs-3.3.2-r2/work/kdelibs-3.3.2/kdeprint/tools'
make[4]: Nothing to be done for `all-am'.
make[4]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kdelibs-3.3.2-r2/work/kdelibs-3.3.2/kdeprint/tools'
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kdelibs-3.3.2-r2/work/kdelibs-3.3.2/kdeprint/tools'
Making all in tests
make[3]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/kdelibs-3.3.2-r2/work/kdelibs-3.3.2/kdeprint/tests'
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kdelibs-3.3.2-r2/work/kdelibs-3.3.2/kdeprint/tests'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kdelibs-3.3.2-r2/work/kdelibs-3.3.2/kdeprint'
Making all in kabc
make[2]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/kdelibs-3.3.2-r2/work/kdelibs-3.3.2/kabc'
Making all in scripts
make[3]: Entering directory `/var/tmp/portage/kdelibs-3.3.2-r2/work/kdelibs-3.3.2/kabc/scripts'
/usr/bin/perl ./makeaddressee
/usr/bin/perl ./makeaddressee
Can't open addressee.h
make[3]: *** [../addressee.cpp] Error 1
make[3]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
make[3]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kdelibs-3.3.2-r2/work/kdelibs-3.3.2/kabc/scripts'
make[2]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kdelibs-3.3.2-r2/work/kdelibs-3.3.2/kabc'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/kdelibs-3.3.2-r2/work/kdelibs-3.3.2'
make: *** [all] Error 2

!!! ERROR: kde-base/kdelibs-3.3.2-r2 failed.
!!! Function kde_src_compile, Line 151, Exitcode 2
!!! died running emake, kde_src_compile:make
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, NOT this status message.
Emerge failed.
kde patch failed.
Check your network settings and try again.

Magic encountered the above error, please try again later.

Emerge/ Unmerge errors are problems with portage, please try resyncing or
waiting before running magic again. Emerge errors are also common with
UNSET CLOCKS! To set your clock, as root run: date MMDDhhmmYYYY

Download errors are most likely to be Gentoox central server/ DNS errors
and should be fixed almost immediately. If you get a download error,
simply try running magic again straight away.

An 'Invalid selection' error means that your input to a question was not
correct - please note that CaSe matters. If you receive an invalid
selection error, please re-run magic and answer all questions correctly
questions have valid answer syntax printed in brackets.

'Decompression Failed.' means that data got corrupted whilst downloading
a compressed archive. Try running magic again to see if the problem
corrects itself.

Press enter to quit...
Magic caught 'Ctrl-C'
kopibean
Adept

Post by kopibean »

To follow up on my previous posting, when I tried to magic with xfce alone, this is the error msg that I received.

---------------
Please answer the following questions (if any) in lowercase:

Do you want to emerge sync? This is only needed if you have not done
so in a long time - about a week or two, syncing allows you to install
the latest stable software. (yes/no): no
Do you want KDE? (yes/no): no
Do you want XFCE4? (yes/no): yes

sync: no
kde: no
xfce4: yes

If this is not correct, press Ctrl-C within the next 5 seconds

After answering all questions this installer should be automated
so you can leave your xbox and come back to it once its finished!

5 4 3 2 1 0
Continuing...
Updating XFCE...
--07:57:41-- http://gentoox.shallax.com/b0x/xfce.b0x
=> `xfce.b0x'
Resolving gentoox.shallax.com... 213.107.40.247
Connecting to gentoox.shallax.com[213.107.40.247]:80... connected.
HTTP request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: 4,231 [text/plain]

100%[====================================>] 4,231 4.91K/s

07:57:42 (4.90 KB/s) - `xfce.b0x' saved [4231/4231]
This will install the XFCE windowmanager
emerge xfce4...
Calculating dependencies ...done!

!!! Error: the xfce-base/xfce4-base package conflicts with another package.
!!! both can't be installed on the same system together.
!!! Please use 'emerge --pretend' to determine blockers.
Emerge failed.
xfce patch failed.
Check your network settings and try again.

Magic encountered the above error, please try again later.

Emerge/ Unmerge errors are problems with portage, please try resyncing or
waiting before running magic again. Emerge errors are also common with
UNSET CLOCKS! To set your clock, as root run: date MMDDhhmmYYYY

Download errors are most likely to be Gentoox central server/ DNS errors
and should be fixed almost immediately. If you get a download error,
simply try running magic again straight away.

An 'Invalid selection' error means that your input to a question was not
correct - please note that CaSe matters. If you receive an invalid
selection error, please re-run magic and answer all questions correctly
questions have valid answer syntax printed in brackets.

'Decompression Failed.' means that data got corrupted whilst downloading
a compressed archive. Try running magic again to see if the problem
corrects itself.

Press enter to quit...
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

could you post the output of

Code: Select all

emerge -pv xfce4-base
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?
kopibean
Adept

Post by kopibean »

Hi, here's the output of the "emerge -pv xfce4-base

--------------------
root # emerge -pv xfce4-base

These are the packages that I would merge, in order:

Calculating dependencies ...done!
[ebuild N ] xfce-base/xfwm4-4.0.6 +X 952 kB
[ebuild N ] app-text/psutils-1.17 60 kB
[ebuild N ] dev-util/gperf-3.0.1 822 kB
[ebuild N ] app-text/a2ps-4.13c-r2 -cjk +nls -tetex -vanilla 2,339 kB
[ebuild N ] xfce-base/xfprint-4.0.6 436 kB
[ebuild N ] xfce-base/xffm-4.0.6 +samba 1,668 kB
[ebuild N ] xfce-base/xfce-utils-4.0.6 +X +gnome -gtkhtml 951 kB
[ebuild N ] xfce-base/xfdesktop-4.0.6 +X 2,084 kB
[ebuild N ] xfce-base/xfce4-base-4.0.6 0 kB

Total size of downloads: 9,317 kB
dark_jedi
Novice

Post by dark_jedi »

same here
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

no help there, how about

Code: Select all

emerge -pv xfce4
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?