SSH Login (Net Probs)

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
Xbob

SSH Login (Net Probs)

Post by Xbob »

Hi there I am new to Gentoox (i am using PRO 1.4) and i am having a bit of a problem with logging in via SSH. The net settings are fine (DHCP allocated IP 192.168.2.5 my pc is 192.168.2.8 ) when running evox etc i can ftp in ping etc but when trying with Gentoox i cant ping box or connect to it in any way (SSh/Telnet etc). I installed using the Stardust CD and have tried booting from evox and booting from the cd i installed with any help would be appreciated. I did see a post about how there was an issue with the drivers used for the NIC on the xbox needng a setting configured to make them pick up the MAC properly but i assume that would be sorted in 1.4 as this post was refering to an earlier version of gentoox pro. anyway mu router picks up the MAC fine when it issues the IP so it should be fine. Something else i was wondering about, is VNC installd by default on the Pro edition?

Help appreciated

XBob
vplayer

Post by vplayer »

Hi,

When gentoox boots up, it shows the IP address got from DHCP. Do you see that ?

HTH
Xbob

Post by Xbob »

Yeah that shows up (192.168.2.5) however since i posted this question i have sorted it out, i have flashed one of the banks of my mod with cromwell and and using to gentoox cd it boots and ssh logs in fine :D
Phasma

Post by Phasma »

bump cause im having this issue too