Problems installing Gentoox on 1.6 (sigh)

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
arbetaren

Problems installing Gentoox on 1.6 (sigh)

Post by arbetaren »

Hello guys. Sorry if this question/bug whatever have been mentioned already, i tried to do a search but i couldnt find any helpful.

Oh wel im triyng to install Gentoox (Home 3.1) on my Xbox 1.6 (xcalibur). Im using a SmartXX mod with the latest OS on.

The problem is that the screen isnt aligned correctly.. see my pictures here (sry for the quality):

I have this problem through the whole installation process though I never tried to finish the install..

Thx for any help about this. Ah and i've tried it on a couple of televisions, same thing on all of them.
Trevante
Power user

Post by Trevante »

Next time please search, this issue has been covered many times, and there's even a news posting about it on the main Gentoox website.

Basically, there's no way to get around that. What I'd recommend you do is do the installation via ssh (use PuTTY, it's free and it works great). Otherwise, you're probably not going to get anywhere with that.

EDIT: You could also do the ftp installation, then run the firstboot script via ssh, that might be a little simpler.
arbetaren

Post by arbetaren »

Trevante wrote:Next time please search, this issue has been covered many times, and there's even a news posting about it on the main Gentoox website.

Basically, there's no way to get around that. What I'd recommend you do is do the installation via ssh (use PuTTY, it's free and it works great). Otherwise, you're probably not going to get anywhere with that.

EDIT: You could also do the ftp installation, then run the firstboot script via ssh, that might be a little simpler.
Oh, im sorry.. so thats whats called overlay problems.

Thx for your help, i'll try that..