Mice or xbox controller

Ask questions regarding Gentoox, Gentoo and Linux in general in these forums and we'll do our best to help you!
idontneedasn

Mice or xbox controller

Post by idontneedasn »

I already bought a keyboard and i was wondering do you need a mouse or can you use the Xbox controller? Thanks in advance
vplayer

Post by vplayer »

hi,

you can use the controller.. for installation, useing MCE, using kde. For typing there is a virtual keyboard. If you have a PC, you can ssh (like telnet) into it and run commands.

You can always decide on whether you would want to use a keyboard later after a few weeks or a month depending on what you want to do with Gentoox on the xbox...

HTH
Box: XBOX ver 1.1
Mod: Xecutor 2.3 lite+
Hdd: WD 80GB
Dash: Evox, Ava, XBMC
Linux: Gentoox Pro 4.2
idontneedasn

Post by idontneedasn »

Ok thanks!

Usb Hubs should work right?
djdafreund
Novice

Post by djdafreund »

I'm using a Wireless Microsoft Multimedia keyboard/mouse combo plug'd into the USB port i added, works great. I'd guess most all should work fine though. The joystick isn't exactly fun to use by itself. Not if your going to use Gentoox a lot at least.
Trevante
Power user

Post by Trevante »

Yes, USB hubs do work and I recommend buying a cheap USB hub (bought one for $5 at Gamestop), a used breakaway cable (simply because used is cheaper and works the same), and using that to make your adaptor, instead of adding one or two USB ports. That's what I did and it works flawlessly, and is very easy to use.