Installing ImageMagicK library

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
kopibean
Adept

Installing ImageMagicK library

Post by kopibean »

Hi, I would like to install yappa-ng photo album on my GentooX but it requires the ImageMagicK (http://www.imagemagick.net) library to view the photo. Is it possible for me to use emerge sync to install this library in my GentooX? If yes, can anyone kind to show me how can I do it? Thanks.
nobspangle
Gentoox Guru!

Post by nobspangle »

no, but according to the website you can also use the GD libraries, make sure you compile mod_php with gd and gd-external in your USE flags
If you keep an open mind, will your brain fall out?
kopibean
Adept

Post by kopibean »

Thanks. Yes, the photo album can use the GD library as well. I don't quite understand how do to install the GD library too, do I use emerge sync with some parameters or do I need to manually compile them? Could you advise? Thanks.
Trogdor
Gentoox Guru!

Post by Trogdor »

Add 'gd' to the USE flags in /etc/make.conf, and it will install automatically when you recompile the program(s) that need GD.
MOUNT TAPE U1439 ON B3, NO RING

Q: HOW DO I RUN MAGIC ??
A: You run magic by not typing in capital letters.
kopibean
Adept

Post by kopibean »

Hi to all, thanks and Happy New Year ahead :)

I have added the "gd" and "gd-external" into the USE line in make.conf file and "emerge apache php_mod php" again. However the gd library doesnt seem to get compiled along the way. Is there any other steps that I need to perform to get the GD library compile? Thanks.
kopibean
Adept

Post by kopibean »

Hi, I have found a way to install imagemagick library using protege :)

> emerge PECL-imagick