Auto. boot gentoox

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
otto
Linux User

Auto. boot gentoox

Post by otto »

Hello!
I´m sorry if this question already was asked but I didn´t find anything by using the search.

So here´s my question:
Is there any way to get cronwell or any other bios to auto. start gentoox from hd and not to ask for booting from cd or anything else
...I need to boot very fast so I don´t want to wait the 10 seconds or some more, to boot gentoox or press a button, everytime I want to boot

Thanks for your answers
mfg otto
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Yes, recompile cromwell without the 10 second wait.... or.. just wait 10 seconds, its not like its that much time ;\
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
otto
Linux User

Post by otto »

Recompiling would be posible but not for me, I can programm some c++ and only a little bit assembler (or how it is called in englisch ;) ).
Of course 10 sec. are not a long time but I want to install my xbox as mediaplayer and navigation system in my car ...so I don´t have much time to boot if I only drive a short way...
But it´s not this bad...I only thought there would be any posibility to start without with this 10 sec. but if not it doesn´t matter...
Trogdor
Gentoox Guru!

Post by Trogdor »

Since there is not a configuration file for BIOS, recompiling Cromwell would be the only way (unless there are other BIOSes out there . . . I wonder?). I digress, but you would not be the first guy to be killed while watching a movie when driving. So don't have it near the driver's seat.
MOUNT TAPE U1439 ON B3, NO RING

Q: HOW DO I RUN MAGIC ??
A: You run magic by not typing in capital letters.