assistance please if poss

Talk about anything related to Gentoox or Gentoo.
shawtek

assistance please if poss

Post by shawtek »

Hi

Apologies in advance if this has been sorted elsewhere but i cannot find any solution. (get poke me in the right direction if thats the case ;) )

OK

FTPd distro contents to E, all lowercase, all correct sizes, freshly formatted E.
I have IRG off etc
gentooxx.xbe wont load from evox at all. just sits on the loading screen. Tried this a few times now, each time reformatting e. Even tried xbepatching just to make sure wasn't still in dev mode.

Now, i am running v1 box with xecuter v1 .. which i realise doesn't help!
>>edit>> using 3.1 home downloaded<<
Any suggestions/solutions greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Bucko
Power user

Post by Bucko »

make sure you are using the latest evox version which is Evox 3935. You could also check out Phoenix Bios Loader to load a BFM version of X2 4983.06 after your X1 loads.
shawtek

Post by shawtek »

thanks for this info bucko

I am running evx v3935

Would i need to actually flash my TSOP/x1 with this bios.. or does the Phoenix loader load it into memory?

cheers
Trevante
Power user

Post by Trevante »

No, you don't need to flash anything. What happens is that the Phoenix Bios Loader loads a different bios into memory, thus allowing you to use newer bioses without flashing your chip/tsop.

Btw, 4983 is encrypted AFAIK, and I'm not sure if you can make a BFM version of it. The Evox M8, the IND Bios 5001, or the Xecuter 4981 should work just as well though.
shawtek

Post by shawtek »

this sounds like the solution, but still having trouble booting phoenix.. its saying error reading config.. im sure i have set the keys up right. ahh.

can somebody point me to a good page/post explaining more?

i will stop being a pain then maybe :wink:

cheers!
Trevante
Power user

Post by Trevante »

Hmmmm... try using the m8 bios, I believe it doesn't require any keys or anything of that sort. Also, look into Frosted Bios Loader or the PBL-Metoo package. They're pretty simple to setup. Frosted Bios Loader is on the Xbox-scene websites and the Xbox Scene forums. It's a legal download, so you can get it straight from the website. After that, use the M8 bios (included with the PBL metoo package), as it doesn't require any eeprom or rc4 keys.