Home installation - at first reboot screen goes blank...

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
faktor99

Home installation - at first reboot screen goes blank...

Post by faktor99 »

I've just used the FTP install method foor gentooxx on the E drive, it all boots fine and the /firstoot script runs. Here I select the X2VGA video mode and answers all the other Q:s.

At the subsequent reboot the gentoox boot process just about starts before the entire screen goes blank, i.e no signal to the TV (reg. 16:4 Widescreen). It appears as the HD goes quiet as well.

Any ideas of the cause? Certainly due to the videomode, though how do I change it now ?? Noobie...I know...
Recked

Post by Recked »

same problem here. Any help?
faktor99

solved...

Post by faktor99 »

I reinstalled gentoox on e: and this time chose the composite video mode instead of x2vga. That did the trick for me, now its sweet.

/K
teegee0001

Post by teegee0001 »

I have experienced an identical problem, with x2vga . Gentoox tries to load then ,u can hear the fan going into overdrive then just shutting down. Ihave x2vga version 1 on pal xbox in ntsc mode. Any one had any solutions to this without having to reinstall. Any help appreciated whatsoever.
Cheers
teegee0001
Anastrophe
Novice

Post by Anastrophe »

teegee0001 wrote: with x2vga . Gentoox tries to load then ,u can hear the fan going into overdrive then just shutting down.
bump!

Same problem here, I cannot get as far as selecting any video mode/driver/interface

I just want to see Gentoox in all its glory on my Barco 1208/2 :-)