Gentoox

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
elementsk8er6

Gentoox

Post by elementsk8er6 »

Can i burn, the Home edition7.1 onto a dvd and boot it up onto my xbox? Or do i have to use a USB or somethng else?
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Re: Gentoox

Post by ShALLaX »

Yes, you can burn to a DVD.
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
ialhabli

Post by ialhabli »

I downloaded the home edition of gentoox and it saved as a friggn . Boz file watever that is. I really need help on what to do next. Do i just burn it to a dvd the way it is, because i cant see any of the files mr. Booze here contains :p
ialhabli

Post by ialhabli »

Ok so i fixed the problem using the magic of Mac. I burned the stardust.ipo file to a dvd-r, i tried max speed and the slowest speed, burning wasnt successful. any help?
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

What is a ".Boz" file and a ".ipo"?

I assume you mean ".tbz2" and ".iso". Windows can deal with both of these file types (WinRAR handles .tbz2 files elegantly).

Define the problem you're having with burning. Just saying "burning wasn't successful" is a bit too ambiguous.
ialhabli

Post by ialhabli »

Sorry, you're right, I mean stardust.iso*, but about the .boz thing, it actually was BOZ??! Yeah, retarded, i know.... but no i fixed that. I'm using Mac disk utility to burn stardust.iso onto a dvd-r, and it finished too fast, way to fast to burn anything, telling me: "the device failed to respond properly, unable to recover or retry." I even tried burning it through terminal, typing the command: drutil burn FILE(bla bla bla).. i got the same message. Any help? Thanks for the response. :)
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Weird... maybe try Linux or Windows to burn it... or Roxio Toast on the Mac.