Problem Downloading the iso Image

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
neoseth

Problem Downloading the iso Image

Post by neoseth »

Hey guys, do any of the new user got issues with the file hosted at sourceforge?

Ive downloaded v 6.2 and 6.1 several times and they always fail when extracting, tried extracting using winrar or 7zip and always that theres a problem with the Stardust.iso, but it seemed to uncompress the files, I tried installing but it failed when dealing with the distro file inside the iso, so definately something seems wrong with the download.

Is there somewhere else I can get a fully working copy?
Any help, will be gladly appreciated,

thank you.
clpalmer
Power user

Post by clpalmer »

By "fail when dealing with the distro inside the iso" do you mean that the xbox crashed when you were trying to do an ftp install and were copying the files over?

If so, that issue's been seen a lot and there's other threads on how to work around it. It's not the distro that's got issues, it's the fatx drivers.
neoseth

Post by neoseth »

NO what I mean is that when extracting the iso from the rar to my pc in order to burn the install cd, I get the error saying the stardust.iso file is damaged. Though it completes the unrar process, and the iso files seems extracted.

However while doing a regular install (not ftp) install, theres a moment where it proceeds to unrar a rar file inside that iso and it fails. what Im basically saying is that some of the files inside that stardust.iso seem not be fine, at least for me.

I downloaded both version 6.1 and 6.2 and both failed the same way when extracting on different machines with both winrar and 7zip.

Could someone be kind of enough to test, any of the iso files currently in the sourceforge site?. I just want to make sure, Im not crazy or incredible unlucky.
Thanks,
neoseth

Re: Problem Downloading the iso Image

Post by neoseth »

Could Someone Please Take a Look at the Files hosted for download?
I redownloaded the file Gentoox.ShALLaX.Home-Edition-v6.2, and failed to decompress tried IZarc, did a test run on it and it said that the Stardust.iso file was corrupted, I also did an mdsum check and this was the result:

Code: Select all

Gentoox.ShALLaX.Home-Edition-v6.2.rar: FAILED
md5sum: WARNING: 1 of 1 computed checksum did NOT match
So something seems to be definititely wrong, It just cant be me, please, could someone try and check it out?
Will be appreciated, very much, thanks
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

That image has been up for ages and I've downloaded it a few times myself - it's always worked for me!
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
vpgtd

Post by vpgtd »

download accelerators cause issues like that turn it off u have any and re dl
xbox ver 1.0
2x 80 gb hdd
xenium gold chip
80mm rear fan with fan controller
2x 60mm side fans with fan controller
tompson drive with pot tweak down to 1000
gentoox home