Problems displaying to TV

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
gentooox

Problems displaying to TV

Post by gentooox »

During installation using the Stardust CD (Gentoox Pro), my TV displays a sharp and easily readable screen.
- A scart cable connects the Xbox to the TV.
- I have run and updated Gentoox using magic (including running etc-update).

fbset -i:

Code: Select all

mode "640x480-60"
    # D: 25.176 MHz, H: 31.469 kHz, V: 59.942 Hz
    geometry 640 480 640 480 8
    timings 39721 40 24 32 11 96 2
    accel true
    rgba 8/0,8/0,8/0,0/0
endmode
Frame buffer device information:

Code: Select all

Name        : nVidia GeForce3-
    Address     : 0xf3c00000
    Size        : 4194304
    Type        : PACKED PIXELS
    Visual      : PSEUDOCOLOR
    XPanStep    : 1
    YPanStep    : 1
    YWrapStep   : 0
    LineLength  : 640
    MMIO Address: 0xfd000000
    MMIO Size   : 16777216
    Accelerator : Unknown ( 28 )

Once Gentoox runs of the HDD, the screen blinks in a rhytmic fashion (would be groovy if I was throwing a party), and the entire image keeps "scrolling" / moving from left to right across the screen, and the sound of the TV isn't suppressed as it was during installation.
Using SSH I have no trouble running > xbvset <, but none of the settings fix my problem. Everything else runs nice & smooth, I'm just not able to have the TV turned on, so I use SSH for everything atm.
Since I'm running the pro version everything is command line, which is why I'm so puzzled that there are no problems during installation (since there are absolutely no graphic tearing / errors, even though I assume it's the same "graphic engine" as when running from HDD).

My questions:
Does anyone know what goes wrong?
Is PAL / NTSC autodetected by the xbvset? I wasn't able to change that setting (has to be PAL for me).
EDIT: Lots of views no replies... Does anyone at least know the answer to:
Is there a config file that sets these parameters somewhere that I can edit manually (or just fiddle around with - at my own risk ofcourse :wink: )?

Any input is appreciated.