SSH isn't working?

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
thank u com agan

SSH isn't working?

Post by thank u com agan »

Here's my current setup:
xbox v1.0 with gentoox pro v4.1 FTP'd to it. I also have a set of monster HDTV cables hooked up to it, which is causing issues trying to install gentoox.

*Cut out to save confusion*

UPDATE: I switched the video in the .cfg file to 480p, and I can actually see stuff lol. The bad thing is that the screen is cut in 1/2 kind of, but it's readable.

The bad news is that it's not stopping at the "avocado" menu, but rather right after loading a bunch of stuff that say "..... [OK]"

And from what I can read, it says "Welcome to....." with some red text below it and a line of letters and numbers in red text and that's where it hangs...

The way stardust is installed is via FTP where the 2 huge files are on the F partition and the one .cfg file IS edited to read them on the F partition.

Soo, anybody know where it's hanging and what to do about it?
Thanx
:D
clpalmer
Power user

Post by clpalmer »

Did you have any issues installing via FTP? The newer installs have been crashing when copying from rootfs to the new file system. Did you have it hang at all during copying? If so, and you didn't properly redo the copy, then it could just be an incomplete install and hanging because of that.
orochi
Gentoox Guru!

Re: SSH isn't working?

Post by orochi »

thank u com agan wrote:Here's my current setup:
xbox v1.0 with gentoox pro v4.1 FTP'd to it. I also have a set of monster HDTV cables hooked up to it, which is causing issues trying to install gentoox.

*Cut out to save confusion*

UPDATE: I switched the video in the .cfg file to 480p, and I can actually see stuff lol. The bad thing is that the screen is cut in 1/2 kind of, but it's readable.

The bad news is that it's not stopping at the "avocado" menu, but rather right after loading a bunch of stuff that say "..... [OK]"

And from what I can read, it says "Welcome to....." with some red text below it and a line of letters and numbers in red text and that's where it hangs...

The way stardust is installed is via FTP where the 2 huge files are on the F partition and the one .cfg file IS edited to read them on the F partition.

Soo, anybody know where it's hanging and what to do about it?
Thanx
:D
If it is saying that, you might have installed pro. Pro boots up and leaves you with a login prompt.

What version did you want to install?

If you want to login via SSH on pro, just connect with a client like putty to the IP address listed after all the ..[OK] list.

[EDIT]

Also, you wont have a "avocado" menu, or prompt, that is because when you FTP'd the files, you actually installed gentoox much the same as the cd boot method (during which you use "avocado" to learn how to copy text with the controller)