Display not working properly

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
tyrant78

Display not working properly

Post by tyrant78 »

My issue is when i run gentoo i have a garbled screen, the install is working cause i can see it booting. But it gets too grabled to see anymore, was wondering if anyone has any help for this
I tried reading up on the forums but had no luck
1.0 xbox
modded
also i am using the hdtv cable but on a tv that does not support hdtv, could that make it an issue?
joshua.lyon
Linux User

Post by joshua.lyon »

1) Could you explain more on how you hooked the HD cable to a non HDTV?

2) Do you mean that you hooked up the Component Video cables (aka: RGB-RW) (aka: Y-Pb-Pr) to a non HDTV?

3) By non HDTV do you mean an SDTV or EDTV - if so via what connection on the back of the TV: composite / component?

4) SSH in to the xbox and run the following command:

Code: Select all

xbvset
(You may need to change to root first for the command to work)

Code: Select all

su -
.Ix

Post by .Ix »

i pretty much have the same problem. the red/green/blue colors aren't aligned. it's like watching a movie that needs 3d glasses. i'm using component cables on a sony Trinitron. they work on normal games, etc.

what's SSH, btw?
joshua.lyon
Linux User

Post by joshua.lyon »

SSH = Secure Shell

For the novice windows user: it's like the command prompt (think DOS) over a secure network connection.

One of the most commonly used SSH clients for Windows is called Putty - google "download putty" and it should be the top result.
V1.1 (Conexant) - 300 gig, XBMC, GentooX
56" 1080p LCoS TV

V1.4 (Focus) - 300 gig, XBMC, GentooX
37" 1080i LCD TV
tyrant78

Post by tyrant78 »

yes im using component cables in a std tv its has component inputs but cannot display hdtv, i will try to ssh into it and running that command see if it fixes the problem
tyrant78

Post by tyrant78 »

ok i cannot ssh into my box, im using the correct ip but putty says there is a timeout, i have been reading other posts on here about the same issue but just cannot get by this step