so frustrating. resizing windows probelms

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
johnbhoy
Linux User

so frustrating. resizing windows probelms

Post by johnbhoy »

I have a 1.6box with the overscan problem.Not sure if this is the roof of my problem but i When using konquer to change some settings. Ie . i just want to got to network setting and change the ip address to a static address. I can get into network setting but the size of the window that pops up is too big for my screen so i cannot click the "apply" button to confirm the changes as its below the toolbar and away below the bottom of the screen.... its driving me insane. have tried resizing to no avail. I am pretty sure this is due to display i am running 640x480 but i cannot make it any smaller so as to be able to see the full window box that pops up....... going slightly mad....

is there a way round this. Have also tried to change the network settings by the tutorial on the main page. Ie # out the dhcp part and then type my network settings but it keeps defaulting back to DHCP...

edit.... nevermind. i appear to have found a command to change it.