Help! Questions about xbox and gentoox..

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
zomsen

Help! Questions about xbox and gentoox..

Post by zomsen »

hello, I dont know so much about the xbox and stuffs like that.. so I got some questions here:

I have got an modded xbox with xecuter, and 200 gb hdd.

1. Can I install gentoox home on my xbox without removing my games, movies, music and programs?

2. Will my xbox be like a computer with linux? Or what is the meaning of installing gentoox?

3. Can I choose when I start the xbox if I want to start gentoox or avalaunch?

4. Can I still play every game, movies, xbmc and avalaunch after installing gentoox?

Thank you!
xPRimNT

Post by xPRimNT »

You can install GentooX Home without removing your games and such. However, if you aren't paying attention/don't know what you're doing, and choose a native install, all your files will be removed. And yes, your xbox "will be like a computer with linux".

If you install Gentoox home and keep your main dash (Avalaunch), you can select the Gentooxx.xbe in File Manager to start it, or you can create a link on the dash to this xbe to launch gentoox. Consult Ava's manuals on how to do that, it's not very difficult.

Installation of Gentoox will not affect your ability to play games/whatever, unless you choose native install. Gentoox will be installed similar to a program on your xbox. When you aren't using it, all it really does it take up space, it doesn't run unless you tell it to. Check the FTP Install instructions for how to get it set up. Double check your file placement locations, and you'll be fine.

xP
zomsen

Post by zomsen »

okey! thanks! one more question, how much space does linux take?
dudeman456

Post by dudeman456 »

During installation 700MB on E and 4.5GB on F if you choose to install on F.