USB Port

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
Cha0sEngine

USB Port

Post by Cha0sEngine »

Hi,
I tried to mod gameport 4 to be a usb port.

basically i cut the wires (except yellow) and soldered in the port (same colours together)

I plugged in a USB (optical) mouse fired up gentoox and nothing, mouse didnt work. didnt even light up.

do i need to attach the old port as well as the usb port? because i after cutting the wired i only connected up the usb wired to the mobo.
just wondering if there is any elecronics in the game pad port its self.

thanks.
spikeofdoom

Post by spikeofdoom »

my suggestion is to not literally install a usb port, but get a dongle from the xbox contollers and cut that and put a female usb on it so it just plugs in the contoller port and u have the female hanging that way. not positive but i think you could install a usb hub after and then you only need to modify that one dongle
Timmo
Novice

Post by Timmo »

There are no electroincs in the controller port itself so there is nothing to worry about there all I could really suggest to do is to check your wiring and also check that your USB port uses the standard colour scheme for USB by metering out the connector you used for your USB socket.

Hope all thing turn out well!
I wrote this!