Add More Rootfs Space After E: Install

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
vb_master
Linux User

Add More Rootfs Space After E: Install

Post by vb_master »

I did an E: install and now I would like to get some more space. I did not choose F: because it formats that partition, and I have other apps there. Is the switch as simple as moving rootfs and swap over to F (from the FTP tutorial) and editing my linuxboot.cfg?
orochi
Gentoox Guru!

Post by orochi »

afaik e: or f: installs do not format drives, only the native install does
see: viewtopic.php?t=3669&highlight=sbin+native

you should be able to use rescutoox to move your install, or even copy rootfs (and swap?) to f: and edit your linuxboot.cfg properly
vb_master
Linux User

Post by vb_master »

orochi wrote:afaik e: or f: installs do not format drives, only the native install does
see: viewtopic.php?t=3669&highlight=sbin+native

you should be able to use rescutoox to move your install, or even copy rootfs (and swap?) to f: and edit your linuxboot.cfg properly
Oh ok, I was concerned for the stuff on my F:. Better safe than sorry.
orochi
Gentoox Guru!

Post by orochi »

yep, its always good to backup your data
vb_master
Linux User

Post by vb_master »

Ok, it worked. Added more space, and it's good.
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

FYI, selecting "F:" does not format the F partition. E and F installations will give you exactly the same amount of space as each other. If you want more space, just run "magic newfs" and this will make another loopback FS and mount it to /mnt/{name specified}
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo