Partitioning Question

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
endo_602

Partitioning Question

Post by endo_602 »

I installed GentooX bootfiles to e. And i have a 'swap' and 'root' file on f. When i boot my xbox it boots UnleashX. when i go into my file explorer on unleashed and go to the F partion i have all my archives 'media' 'emulators' 'games' ect ect... but at the bottom i have a swap and a root file. this bothers me, i dont want sumone coming along and deleting them or somthing haha.

the files that were put on my e partion dont bother me, because im seldomly in that partition unless im tweaking some dashboard settings. but i use my f partition all the time w/ my xbox dashboards. i kind of want gentoox on its own partition....

does anyone know how i can make an extra partion on my hd just for my root/swap files?

right now i have like 200 gig for an f partition. is there any way i can chop that down to like 180 gig. and create a new 20 gig partition dedicated to gentoox without formating my f partition completely?

i have no idea how to go about this, besides i probabally need a linux boot cd.... any directions from point zero would be excellent. thanks.