installation on F without formating

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
funky

installation on F without formating

Post by funky »

hi ppl, I wanna install gentoox home edtion from the cd, the way i understand it there are three option, e, f or native.
I have files on e and on f which i do not want to move or loose, i think best for me would be to install gentoox on f but my question is if gentoox will format or repartition the f partition if i choose to install on f? i haven't found an answer on this question, can i just leave all my files on e and f and do the install and they won't be deleted or anything?
cuz when i started the install from cd on f, i got to a point where it said 'formating f drive' at which point i turned off the xbox to prevent it from deleteing the files on the f drive, I would appreciate some clarity in this area, thx in advance :D
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

It WONT format your E: or F: partitions if you choose "e" or "f". It WILL format your "F:" partition if you choose "native". Please, use the search feature. Also, I believe this is stated in the manual.

It WILL format your X:, Y: and Z: partitions regardless of which type of installation you choose.
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo