Installed Native and works great! Can I put XBMC on too??

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
w_jabsco

Installed Native and works great! Can I put XBMC on too??

Post by w_jabsco »

I modded my box with a Matrix chip back in the day so I could play my "backups". I've already blown away Evox, XBMC, etc. (Native install) and changed to the Cromwell Bios, auto-booting Gentoox. Gentoox works great, but I realized the majority of my time with the Xbox will be spent watching/listening to media. XBMC naturally has less overhead for that function.

Is there an (easy) way to get XBMC back and auto-booting? As in, re-flashing the BIOS through the loader, then dropping the XBMC xbe's in, and adding Gentoox to the XBMC menu. Or do I have to wipe everything out and use an install like AID again?? I noticed the manual's reference re-formatting to FatX after de-installation...I was hoping to preserve my current GentooX setup.

Thanks in advance for the help. I just bought an HD projector to compliment this setup, so naturally I'm pysched to get XBMC upscaling!!
sevenlayercookie
Novice

Post by sevenlayercookie »

Yep mate, you gotta reformat the whole drive :( . Uninstall Gentoox and reformat it back to fatx, then put in xbmc, etc. Reinstall Gentoox using F install method (slower). Then link it to your dash like a regular app and ur good to go!

Good luck! :D