What is the correct syntax to shut off threads to stop the "sharedmem" error and install php?
I followed the tutorial on the main gentoox site. I am running the newest version of gentoox home v5. I've updated portage, ran magic, and ran emerge sync (not necessarily in that order)
any help is appreciated, thanks
[/quote]--- Invalid atom in /etc/portage/package.use: USE="dev-lang/php-5.1.4
Calculating dependencies... done!
>>> Emerging (1 of 1) dev-lang/php-5.1.4 to /
>>> checking ebuild checksums
>>> checking auxfile checksums
>>> checking miscfile checksums
>>> checking php-5.1.4.tar.bz2
>>> checking php-patchset-5.1.4-r1.tar.bz2
* Determining SAPI(s) to build
* Enabled SAPI: cli
* Disabled SAPI: cgi
* Disabled SAPI: apache
* Enabled SAPI: apache2
* If this package fails with a fatal error about Apache2 not having
* been compiled with a compatible MPM, this is normally because you
* need to toggle the 'threads' USE flag.
* If 'threads' is off, try switching it on.
* If 'threads' is on, try switching it off.
* USE flag 'truetype' needs one of these additional flag(s) set:
* gd gd-external
* 'gd' was automatically selected and enabled.
* You can change that by enabling/disabling those flags accordingly
* in /etc/portage/package.use.
* USE flag 'sharedmem' conflicts with these USE flag(s):
* You must disable these conflicting flags before you can emerge this package.
* You can do this by disabling these flags in /etc/portage/package.use:
* =dev-lang/php-5.1.4 -threads
!!! ERROR: dev-lang/php-5.1.4 failed.
ebuild.sh, line 1555: Called dyn_setup
ebuild.sh, line 668: Called pkg_setup
php-5.1.4.ebuild, line 79: Called php5_1-sapi_pkg_setup
php5_1-sapi.eclass, line 252: Called php5_1-sapi_check_use_flags
php5_1-sapi.eclass, line 190: Called phpconfutils_use_conflict 'sharedmem' 'threads'
phpconfutils.eclass, line 167: Called die
!!! Conflicting USE flags found
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, and the call stack if relevant.