Loader hangs with keyboard

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
Amph

Loader hangs with keyboard

Post by Amph »

Having a problem with the loader hanging when a USB keyboard is connected.. (FTP install, evoX)..
Loads fine without the keyboard, and the keyboard does work if plugged in after loading, but freezes at first screen (loader 5.11) if the keyboard is plugged in from the start.. all 3 lights flash several times then stop, and the xbox LED flashes orange..
Is it something to do with the IGR setting? or some other setting?
StickyIckyBud
Novice

Post by StickyIckyBud »

I have a wireless keyboard, and I leave it in all the time... no problems.

Could be something in BIOS. Are you launching the loader from your dashboard (xbe) or direct from a bank on your mod chip?

What kind of connector are you using to connect the keyboard to the xbox? an adapter? What port? usb mod? Will other devices lock up the loader on startup or just a mouse?

Does the keyboard work? To select a boot method? Can you unplug it and plug it back in to make it work? Or do you have to boot into linux before it starts working?
Amph

Post by Amph »

Am launching from the dashboard..
The adapter one i got from a shop, small, black, has a red LED..
The keyboad is a cheapie, viewsonic or something, has a 2 port hub in it also, which the mouse is plugged into, doesn't matter if the mouse is in or not, the loader still hangs..
The keyboard/adapter is in the 2nd port, xbox controller is in 1st, IR receiver for the DVD remote in the 4th..
The keyboard/mouse works fine if I plug it in when it's prompting for the username, so it's not a major drama..

Will try a newer version of the loader, and a few other combinations with the ports..
orochi
Gentoox Guru!

Post by orochi »

This is a known issue with some controllers and some keyboards. Unplug them untill gentoox is booted and plug them in at that time.