Gentoox loader blank.

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
Fgoat

Gentoox loader blank.

Post by Fgoat »

Hi, i've previously had gentoox and i just decided to reinstall now that i have a high definition projector, only problem is as soon as i enter the loader no icons appear or anything, it just says loader 5.1 on a blue screen and nothing happens. this happens when trying to boot from cd, when trying to boot from E: also when trying to boot Rectoox so im pretty scuppered. any advice?
roofus
Novice

Post by roofus »

Sounds like a bad burn to me, try burning your discs at the lowest possible speed and use the best CD-Rs you have.
If this is your first day and you're making your first post, you haven't spent enough time reading.

We were all noobs, once.
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

Id say this is the famous USB hub bug. Unplug all controllers/ USB devices then try again. Also, consider upgrading to the latest Gentoox loader.
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
roofus
Novice

Post by roofus »

Shoot, I missed that it hangs when trying to boot from E, most likely NOT a bad burn then. Like ShalllaX said, probably USB.
If this is your first day and you're making your first post, you haven't spent enough time reading.

We were all noobs, once.