badly needed help concerning flashing, keyboard, FTP, and ..

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
jukebox

badly needed help concerning flashing, keyboard, FTP, and ..

Post by jukebox »

well, my experience installing Gentoox is so far....bad. i reluctantly installed the pro v2.0 today and then again flashed my xecuter 3 on the ON ON ON ON OFF (5th position is labled SAB) position when i already had an evoX bios originally on and running on the ON ON ON ON ON (5th position is labled SAB). That was stupid, cause i couldv'e just just did the Ftp installation that i did do recently, but didnt know that that way was indeed correct or somethin. I tried booting up under different combination of banks, but no luck! please tel me i can get my evoX back?!

----i installed under F: drive if that helps before moving on------

1) anyways, once i flahsed it, i can not get back to my original EvoX bios and avalaunch dashboard. How do i do that?

2) I installed Pro fully, and i get to login, but i can't login cuase i don't have the virtual keyboard, so i figure the installition went badly wrong and some filles missing. so i d/l the resctoox and when im uninstalling it asks for me to press Control-C. well, i dont know how to do that if i can't type! currently, i am d/l the home edition and seeing if i can just go over the bad files with this one so i can finaly ftp in and get all that crap out

3) i can't ftp to my xbox! im on the blue screen and i cant connect. any ideas? WEll, i ftp anyoomously, but it brings me up to only a bunch of useless folders that i dont know what to do with?

4) i know for sure that my keyboard installation through the fourth port and twisting wires was done correctly cause i played a game via disc and fourth port and it worked fine. i tried it on a dell and ibm keyboard. the lights on the keyboard just flash green every sec.

----keep in mind i did search on this forum and the tutorials and i've had a modded xbox for over 2 years now, so i do have some knowledge-----

thanks to all!

UPDATE---------------UPDATE-----------------------UPDATE------------------

i used putty and SSH to connect to my box and log in from there and use restoox correctly. i then unflased my xecuter 3 and put on evoX again. and now i can see my avalaunch dashboard once again!! currently, i am installing the home edition, i hope this works out!
drumstyx
Linux User

Post by drumstyx »

your problem here is a lack of understanding of the banks in an xecuter 3 :-p....just got one myself....and its confusing if you dont have a guide for it.....ON ON ON ON OFF is the same as ON ON ON ON ON...because the fifth switch is just for flash protect.....dont know how you managed to flash evox on there with flash protect on...but either way....u flashed over top of your evox bios and but gentoox loader on instead....could try OFF OFF OFF ON OFF which is the 8th 256k bank....for more info on bank numbering and switch settings theres a guide here: http://home.comcast.net/~x3guide/Old/index.html
thats where i got my info....no problems since...also....dunno if you've found this out (it bugged the hell outta me till i found it) the team xecuter website is now:
http://www.team-xecuter.com
have fun
peace
drumstyx
roofus
Novice

Post by roofus »

I still don't get why people prefer xecuter chips, so barbaric all those switches. Even the people running Goliath to decode the Enigma would get confused.

P.S. Ignore the OLD in that URL he pasted it's up to date it's just the old design and the new one is buggy.
If this is your first day and you're making your first post, you haven't spent enough time reading.

We were all noobs, once.
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

I love Xecuter chips - do you realise how useful they are for BIOS development? :o

Id rather flip a switch, flash, reboot rather than than reboot.. load some custom OS.. navigate through to a flashing options.. name the bios.. flash.. blah :\
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

I love Xecuter chips - do you realise how useful they are for BIOS development? :o

Id rather flip a switch, flash, reboot rather than than reboot.. load some custom OS.. navigate through to a flashing options.. name the bios.. flash.. blah :\

My development box has an Xecuter 2.6 (I think?) but all my production boxes have Xeniums.
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo
roofus
Novice

Post by roofus »

I get that but the most of the end customer base doesn't, if everyone who had an xecuter were developing bioses though the scene would be flooded with them. People who are new to modding are constantly told to "get an xecuter, they're the best" when really they're are better ones for beginners.
If this is your first day and you're making your first post, you haven't spent enough time reading.

We were all noobs, once.