Please Help! this has gotta be a quick fix!

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
thechitchatter98

Please Help! this has gotta be a quick fix!

Post by thechitchatter98 »

i just recently got my xbox chipped (not a flashable mod chip, i believe) and i heard about this xbox linux thing. So i then found gentoox. i downloaded the gentoox home edition and burn the iso image to a dvd. And put the gentoox loader into my hdd. so i ran the gentoox loader and inserted the cd. it installed fine into the F drive (i used my xpad for the whole thing install). The install finished, then halted, flashing the green light on the xbox LED, which means good (:. It said it installed succesfully, also. Now that it is installed, i dont know how to run it!

*long story short, i installed gentoox succesfully and now do not know how to run it.

i'm sure this is something really simple and basic that i'm missing but i dont know what. Any help or suggestions is appreciated...Also, i cannot seem to install onto the E partition of my drive because it does not have enough space for it.
zlasher
Adept

Post by zlasher »

You'll have to add Gentoox to your dashboard..
The program you want to run is :

F:gentooxx.xbe

xbe is the loader as a xbox program..

This is covered in the faq..

(or you could boot from the CD and select hdd)

I would need more information on chip manufacturer to tell you more..

Steinar T
Xbox v1.1, Xtender, Xecuter 3CE
Gentoox Pro 4.1 native
http://xboxlinux.mine.nu
thechitchatter98

Post by thechitchatter98 »

The mod chip that i own is a Duo brand chip with a 160 gig hdd. i have my gentooxx.xbe in my E drive. i run gentoox.xbe after inserting the stardust cd and it asks me questions about what i want to run on startup and things....things like this:Welcome to XBUSET 5.2- this tool is designed to help you set your video mode.........after answering all of this it just restarts and brings up gentoox loader! :cry: i REALLY need some help with this!

when i launch the loader, all i get for options to click on are Cd/DVD, FatX, and advanced! what do i do step by step??