Trouble setting up.

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
exzapel

Trouble setting up.

Post by exzapel »

Hey guys, this is my first post (obviously)

I'm having EXTREME problems with GentooX.
I got it installed via FTP(My DVD drive is broken) but as it boots after selecting FatX -> Gentoo from the loader, it does the linux boot shiet, but it says that things are missing or are invalid. This represents a problem, because according to shallax himself, I have all the files where they need to be (in the E:\ drive with no subfolders, he's seen a screen of it.)

Please help!
orochi
Gentoox Guru!

Post by orochi »

you havent given us much to go on, but check the .iso you downloaded to the md5 sum to verify your download was good, else try ftp'ing the files over again
cheesyboofs
Power user

Post by cheesyboofs »

Also if when you do reply, if you could change your tone a little you might find ppl are more willing to help.
Go fully native, it's the destiny of all Mk1 XboxesImage
The needs of the many out way the needs of the few or the one ...
exzapel

Post by exzapel »

orochi wrote:you havent given us much to go on, but check the .iso you downloaded to the md5 sum to verify your download was good, else try ftp'ing the files over again
I tried the FTP thing, I'll redownload it and check the MD5.
And I gave you all of the info I have, I can barely read it because of the size of the letters.
cheesyboofs wrote:Also if when you do reply, if you could change your tone a little you might find ppl are more willing to help.
I don't know what you mean.