Installing Gentoox Home

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
Xtreem

Installing Gentoox Home

Post by Xtreem »

Hi, im looking to install Gentoox Home 4.0 on my xbox's F:\ partition but i dont want to loose any data such as games, apps and media thats on the F:\ partition... is this possible if so what do i have to do? I dont need to flash my xbox's bios do i? im using the latest version of the X3 Bios and my modchip is the Xecuter 3

Also if it is possible to install would i be able to load Gentoox from the programs folder on xbox meda center (my defualt dash), ive never installed linux before so go easy on me please :lol:

vplayer

Post by vplayer »

The answer is Yes. But if you want a detailed answer, you need to click on search and do a search on the forums. There are a lot of posts already with answers to that. Also go to gentoox site and read the manuals and tutorials.

hope that helps,
Box: XBOX ver 1.1
Mod: Xecutor 2.3 lite+
Hdd: WD 80GB
Dash: Evox, Ava, XBMC
Linux: Gentoox Pro 4.2
Xtreem

Post by Xtreem »

ok ive got it installed, basically i just followd the instructions on the cd and told it not to flash the bios and install on f :)

it all seams fine except like the bottom and sides of the screen seam to be missing... like its zoomed in a bit.. im displaying in 720p can anyone help please :)
vplayer

Post by vplayer »

again search the forums... xbvset
Box: XBOX ver 1.1
Mod: Xecutor 2.3 lite+
Hdd: WD 80GB
Dash: Evox, Ava, XBMC
Linux: Gentoox Pro 4.2