Creation of Gentoox 4 Home Boot Media

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
murraykj
Banned Losers

Creation of Gentoox 4 Home Boot Media

Post by murraykj »

Hello,

This may assist others in the creation of Bootable media for the installation of GentooX Linux on the Xbox Console.

The Original archive on the site has the files for the creation of bootable media via a ISO image.

The Console can be somewhat fussy about booting CDR CDRW Media
I tried using a new version of Nero to burn the image to a disc however it is still done as a CD type ISO with this program. For some reason it will not burn the image to a DVD-R with nero or atleast the version I was using that just came with a New DVD Burner.

The console appears to have no problems with DVD-R media in the stock optical drive of the console.

The Program POWERDVD, can be used to make Bootable media to a DVD-R instead of a CDR or CDRW.

Simply burn the ISO to a DVD-R with PowerDVD, Worked Great for me.

Boots Perfect Every time.
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

You just dont know how to use Nero. When you select the image it will default to the type of media from which it was created. There is a drop-down box at the top left of the window at this point, click on it and "CD" followed by "DVD" will be displayed. Obviously here, select DVD and you're done.
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo