fecked the display( resolution)

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
johnbhoy
Linux User

fecked the display( resolution)

Post by johnbhoy »

I am currently flicking through the forums looking for answer to this but if somone could possibley point me in correct direction. I have installed fine . no probs . everything looking good except fact i have 1.6 box so the display is too large either side. ON messing about though i change the resolution to 320x280 (or whatever it is). Now problem is i cannot get back into display to change it back.

Is there a txt file i can go in and manually change so it uses the correct resolution when it boots. If so. Whats its name and where is it stored. I would like to ftp in. change it and then put it back in with the correct setting for resolution.

Thanks muchly

Forgot to say its XFCE i am using.
orochi
Gentoox Guru!

Post by orochi »

ssh in and run xbvset (unless you edited your X config tho ive had no experience with that)

search.php
and type xbvset
johnbhoy
Linux User

thanks

Post by johnbhoy »

Thanks for the reply.

I decided just to reinstall it as its quite quick anyway.......and have made a promise to myself never to mess with the resolution again.

Cheers
orochi
Gentoox Guru!

Post by orochi »

yea, linux gives you enough rope to hang oneself