emerge wine

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
bratz

emerge wine

Post by bratz »

hallo,

I'm trying to install wine on my xbox with gentoox home v.4.

first I runned emerge wine in console, but after a couple of hours it gave an error. I was thinking that the disk could be full, so I runned magic newfs and created an extra 4GB space.

and again I tried to install wine (emerge wine) but it gave again an error. I copied the last text from the console.
cp ../../dlls/winspool/tests/winspool.drv_test.exe.so winspool.drv_test.exe.so && i686-pc-linux-gnu-strip winspool.drv_test.exe.so
cp ../../dlls/winsock/tests/ws2_32_test.exe.so ws2_32_test.exe.so && i686-pc-linux-gnu-strip ws2_32_test.exe.so
LD_LIBRARY_PATH="../../libs/unicode:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH" ../../tools/wrc/wrc --nostdinc -I. -I. -I../../include -I../../include -DWINE_NO_DEBUG_MSGS -DWINE_NO_TRACE_MSGS -fowinetest.res winetest.rc
../../tools/winegcc/winegcc -B../../tools/winebuild -mconsole gui.o main.o send.o util.o winetest.exe.dbg.o winetest.res -o winetest.exe.so -L../../dlls -L../../dlls/comctl32 -L../../dlls/user32 -L../../dlls/gdi32 -L../../dlls/wsock32 -lcomctl32 -luser32 -lgdi32 -lwsock32 -L../../libs/wine -lwine -L../../libs/port -lwine_port
i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc: Internal error: Terminated (program cc1)
Please submit a full bug report.
See <URL:http://bugs.gentoo.org/> for instructions.
winegcc: i686-pc-linux-gnu-gcc failed.
make[2]: *** [winetest.exe.so] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/wine-20050725-r1/work/wine-20050725/programs/winetest'
make[1]: *** [winetest] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/var/tmp/portage/wine-20050725-r1/work/wine-20050725/programs'
make: *** [programs] Error 2

!!! ERROR: app-emulation/wine-20050725-r1 failed.
!!! Function src_compile, Line 116, Exitcode 2
!!! all
!!! If you need support, post the topmost build error, NOT this status message.
what is the problem?

happy newyear,

bratz
ComputerChris

Me as well

Post by ComputerChris »

Hey bratz,

I triend emerging wine over the weekend and got basically the same error message. I too thought i had run out of space because of some build error a few lines up. I even tried moving the install over to the F drive, but still no luck.

Does any one know what's broken?

-Chris
orochi
Gentoox Guru!

Post by orochi »

i assume you have already emerge sync, if that fails you can try those packages that are hardmasked, more info on that on docs at gentoo.org
bratz

Post by bratz »

I tried an other wine package and that worked.

but I opened a second console to watch my diskspace, and it really needs a lot during instalation. I think I was lucky, I only had 25MB left at the end. but after the install was done, it was not that big and I had alot of space left on the harddrive.

but I think I need a native install, it is really to slow,...

I'm trying to install wine to run mapmonkey to use my GPS on the xbox.

mapmonkey runned with a couple of errors, but this was becouse of the VB runtime files,...
second problem was the drivers for the usb to serial convertor of the GPS, I don't know how to install drivers in linux (I'm a noob in linux)
orochi
Gentoox Guru!

Post by orochi »

I myself havent use wine much, im not sure if you will have problems or success getting it working with com ports/usb i ran across this thread on their forums tho

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/showthr ... a2&t=67166