Flashed with Loader 5.11, but doesn't detect hdd installatio

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
teitoku
Novice

Flashed with Loader 5.11, but doesn't detect hdd installatio

Post by teitoku »

I finally got through that detailed tutorial of how to install gentoox 100% natively, yet the loader bios doesn't give the option to boot from the hard drive. I've done every step; copied over vmlinuz, created linuxboot.cfg, wiped out and re-did fstab...but it only shows CD/DVD boot and Advanced.
cheesyboofs
Power user

Post by cheesyboofs »

Sounds to me like you didn't make the partition active!
Lastly we mustn’t forget to make the partition bootable to do this type a to toggle the bootable flag on a partition and select 2. If you press p again, you will notice that an * is placed in the "Boot" column.
Boot off the Restoox CD and check it.
Also can you please keep and native install questions in the native thred, so people having the same problem dont have to go hunting round. :wink:
Go fully native, it's the destiny of all Mk1 XboxesImage
The needs of the many out way the needs of the few or the one ...
teitoku
Novice

Post by teitoku »

Ahhh...you know what? I sure didn't. I'll look at that later today.

edit: Is there a way to make it active that won't cause data loss? I'm scared to run fdisk if it's going to screw it up.
teitoku
Novice

Post by teitoku »

Eh, fdisked it anyways. It works so much better now; no troubles at all. I'm going to chalk this up to a bad initial formatting.