what can i do...

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
iostream

what can i do...

Post by iostream »

I just installed an execter schip, and i see the crownwell flash bios things and it wating for a cd.

do i actrually need to flash it with some other x2 bios, or i can just set up the gentoox cd right away?

thanx..
vplayer

Post by vplayer »

do you want only use gentoox on your xbox and no games, then you load the gentoox loader bios now. If you want to play xbox games and have gentoox too, then you need to go to xbox-scene for more info.. once you finish doing the mod you come back here and go through the gentoox installation.
Box: XBOX ver 1.1
Mod: Xecutor 2.3 lite+
Hdd: WD 80GB
Dash: Evox, Ava, XBMC
Linux: Gentoox Pro 4.2
iostream

Post by iostream »

I only want to use it as a server that i will control by ssh.

Then i just set up gentoox?

Thanx..
vplayer

Post by vplayer »

Hi,

I would prefer leaving the xbox partitions and making a native install on your F drive. But thats up to you.

For how to update your bios and do a native installation, look on the main Gentoox site under tutorials, De/Installation section..

And if you want a full xbox with no M$ software, lookup the nice sticky in Q&A section by cheesyboofs

"Search for native and you will find a lot of information on what people have gone through during their installations"
Box: XBOX ver 1.1
Mod: Xecutor 2.3 lite+
Hdd: WD 80GB
Dash: Evox, Ava, XBMC
Linux: Gentoox Pro 4.2