XBOX won't boot after installing SDK

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
JohnDead666

XBOX won't boot after installing SDK

Post by JohnDead666 »

I've wanted to do some work on the XMBC so I got myself the required SDK installed.

I've installed another HD in my XBOX in case something would screw up my current extensive 250G content.

I performed some required ( maybe it was not???) setup on the XBOX itself. I've placed the XDK Recovery CD in and restarted XBOX. After doing whatever it was doing the XDK Recovery console turned my XBOX off. From then It would never boot normally.

The only thing I can do with it now is to set another bank for booting from the Chameleon chip which offers me "Xbox Linux Clean BIOS 1.8" from which I can put CD in with a 256K bios to replace Chameleon chip bank 0.

As I understand I can only update bank 0 and only with a 256K bios.

The real problem is that all XBOX-EVOX-HACKED-LIKE bios I flash onto bank 0 it won't boot anything won't display any logo…The only thing I get is a flashing RED eject button. I've attempted about a dozen of various 256K bios without seeing anything booting. Although my XBOX won't be able to start like it use to I can still flash in Cromwell like bios and run some distro of linux. Thanks to Shallax Gentoox Loader I can start up a real OS and attempt resurrecting this rather fancy doorstop.

Anyone has idea what could be the problem?
Is it true that it is not possible to reflash on-board tsop if booted from modchip?
Is there any eeprom utility that run under linux ?
Is there any linux utility that permits flashing another bank then zero?
B4tm4n

Post by B4tm4n »

From what I remember you don`t run the sdk disc on your xbox it will render it useless.
Try search Xbox-Scene and here.

Cheers B4tm4n.
JohnDead666

Post by JohnDead666 »

I've actually found something of interrest.

The IND BIOS 5003 will boot the XBOX even though EEPROM is corrupted. That is of great help.