how to get an XBOX to talk to ur ftp client so i can install

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
maxbar

how to get an XBOX to talk to ur ftp client so i can install

Post by maxbar »

ok having a hell of a job trying to upload anything to my xbox via ftp. the box will not ping at all but my router/adsl modem know that a device is there with ip address 192.168.0.10
my router address is 192.168.0.1
my computer ip is 192.168.0.2
i am not a total nube to playing with ip address & what not having 4 computers @ one point one running 95 that was fun :)
i have all the ip,subnet mask & dns set up right so all is well with xbox live
but when i run cuteftp or flash fxp & try to get in to the box it just times out i tryed to ping it with the router again no luck.
there is no modchip in the box & i have tryed to install from the cd but it will not boot on the xbox grrr
this is driving me batty its like some one has set it up only to talk with xboxlive.
have tryed ipconfig & all i get is a little black window pop up for a sec then its gone grrrrrrrrrr this is making me feel very stuipd please help!
If at first second & third you do not succed hit it with a slledgehammer. It won't fix it but it might make you feel better.
B4tm4n

Post by B4tm4n »

You do realise that to install gentoox you need to have a modded xbox,
be that via chip or softmod ?
Same goes for FTP .

You mentioned theres no modchip but didn`t state wether it was softmodded.
Heres a link to XBox-Sene list of tutorials, if needed.

Cheers B4tm4n.
maxbar

sorted

Post by maxbar »

well u where right I just got it in to my head that u can soft mod an xbox by cd & forgo the memorycard to do the install part grrrrr gtot it sorted now thx batman
If at first second & third you do not succed hit it with a slledgehammer. It won't fix it but it might make you feel better.