How can I launch the instalation???¿?¿?

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
Spawn799

How can I launch the instalation???¿?¿?

Post by Spawn799 »

I've dowloaded Gentoox Home v4...
I got Xenium Spice
and a EvoxBios loaded to be able run all the Stuff... (a Dashboards... apps.... )

Now I wanna Install Gentoox in my Xbox (wihtout delete or erase anything -------> it is posible???¿?

I now that i can keep several Bios in my ModChip (One the original, other the Evox... and....Other it have to be the one wich launch Gentoox?¿?

(There're two?¿?->Cronwell and GentooxLoader ?¿? wich one is better??¿? or there are diferents things??¿?)

When I'll be installing Gentoox... I would be able to choose the partition when I wan install it?¿? (I would like install it in F or G partition)

(my hard disk is of 160GB---> is this a problem?¿? I have to do some change before or after the installation?¿?)

Thanks for all fellas
And I apologize about my english... (I'm from Spain.... but I'll do my best)

Thanks again
stevie
Novice

Post by stevie »

Hi

Have a look at the Docs comming with the download.
Especially at install.txt

Code: Select all

There are 3 installation types, 'E', 'F', 'Native'.  'E' is the traditional installation
where all the files are placed in E:\.  'F' places 'rootfs' and 'swap' on the F:\ partition but
leaves the other files in E:\ (required for Cromwell/ Xromwell support).

'Native' formats your F: partition to reiserfs and then extracts the rootfs to the newly
formatted partition.  

WARNING: 'NATIVE' WILL DESTROY ALL DATA ON YOUR F: PARTITION.  ALWAYS BACKUP FIRST.
ONCE 'NATIVE' HAS BEEN SELECTED, THE ONLY WAY TO GET YOUR F: PARTITION BACK FOR NORMAL USAGE IS 
BY FORMATTING!

The requirements for these installations is as follows:

'E'      - You must have 4.5GB free on your E: drive.

'F'      - You must have 4.5GB free on your F: drive and 700MB free on your E: drive.
           The 700MB on E: is just used during installation and is freed up after the install
           is complete.  (i.e. it is just temporary space)

'Native' - You must have 4.5GB free on your E: drive and at least a 4.5GB F: partition.
           The 4.5GB on E: is just used during installation and is freed up after the install
           is complete.  (i.e. it is just temporary space)
E,F) install Gentoox in a loopback filesystem.
I think F) is what your asking for.

Use the Gentooxloader .

Stevie.