Is gentoox suitable for media streaming suggestions please !

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
vydex

Is gentoox suitable for media streaming suggestions please !

Post by vydex »

I was just wondering if someone could suggest a way for me to stream premier media over the internet onto my xbox.

I have the xbox already modchipped running evox and with xdsl but what I basically wanna do is stream media from the official Liverpool FC website over my xbox onto me tele using whatever method. Ive been researching to get win 98 on the xbox so I can use WMP but it all seems very up in the air with people having various configuration problems.

Now I know that the LFC website streams either through real player or wmv and was just wondering if someone could please suggest the easiest way to set it so that I can log onto the site with username and pass then stream the Live match saturday onto me TV via me xbox with full sound and all that.

I have thought about gentoox etc but not sure what players to use etc, any help with this would make me whole family extremely happy and very appretiative thanks guys.