View over VNC what you see on the TV

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
sham
Linux User

View over VNC what you see on the TV

Post by sham »

Hi,
i have have connect my Xbox with Scart to my TV. I see the KDE gui, but when I type over ssh

Code: Select all

vncserver
and connect via TightVNC to the Xbox (192.168.1.6:1) I see only a X Window System, not the KDE gui. When I type

vncserver
on the KDE gui there comes a error with following sentence:

... xauth not ...
Some suggestions?

sham
clpalmer
Power user

Post by clpalmer »

I'm no VNC expert, but I think that specifying :1 after the IP tells it to use the 2nd virtual desktop (:0 being the first), so you would see a new blank desktop, not the one that would be showing on your TV. Try connecting with 192.168.1.6:0 and see if you see the right desktop.
sham
Linux User

Post by sham »

clpalmer wrote:I'm no VNC expert, but I think that specifying :1 after the IP tells it to use the 2nd virtual desktop (:0 being the first), so you would see a new blank desktop, not the one that would be showing on your TV. Try connecting with 192.168.1.6:0 and see if you see the right desktop.
he want a password, but xbox and my password which works with the :1 doesnt work there
vplayer

Post by vplayer »

The default password for vnc is gentoox.

hth
Box: XBOX ver 1.1
Mod: Xecutor 2.3 lite+
Hdd: WD 80GB
Dash: Evox, Ava, XBMC
Linux: Gentoox Pro 4.2
sham
Linux User

Post by sham »

nice, it works, thank you :D