Need to flash my bios but don't know how...

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
rafik

Need to flash my bios but don't know how...

Post by rafik »

The readme made no sense to me, because i never used linux before o.O if anyone could guide me through this i'd appreciate it.

Thank you.
Drexel

Post by Drexel »

About the bios problem. Do you have a mod chip? What one?

You shoud install linux on a pc to learn the basics.
rafik

Post by rafik »

I have an executer 2 lite mod chip... i flashed the bios for gentoox boot and i want to go back to my old dash.
Drexel

Post by Drexel »

rafik wrote:I have an executer 2 lite mod chip... i flashed the bios for gentoox boot and i want to go back to my old dash.
I have not used that chip, but your modchip should give you an option to boot from the TSOP or run the bios from the TSOP, the TSOP should contain your origional XBOX bios, or if you flashed a new bios to the TSOP then you should have backed up the origional.

anyone please correct me if im wrong.
rafik

Post by rafik »

I remember reading that you could flash the bios from console and you link it to the bios file on the internet...
rafik

Post by rafik »

bump i dun have usb keyboard so no can do but since there was a way to do it from console i want to do that if anyone could please help me
vplayer

Post by vplayer »

You say you have an executor 2 lite. Which one is it exactly. 2.3lite???

Dont you have the flashbios on it, all you have to do is switch to flashbios and then put in a cd with the bios of your choice into the dvd drive and your all good to go.

hope that helps,
Box: XBOX ver 1.1
Mod: Xecutor 2.3 lite+
Hdd: WD 80GB
Dash: Evox, Ava, XBMC
Linux: Gentoox Pro 4.2