Screen not centered

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
jjk212

Screen not centered

Post by jjk212 »

Hi everyone,
I understand the hoc/voc stuff, and have noticed the changes when I run xbvset. The question is how do I adjust the position of the image as well, it seems like it needs to move to the right about 3-5% and up about 8 to 10% and not just expand horizontally and vertically as with the hoc/voc.
I have read thru this entire thread:
viewtopic.php?p=5081#5081
and am wondering if using the fbset option listed in the tread is what I'll need to do to get the screen in the right position so that the image will be perfectly centered so that when hoc and voc is set it will all come together nicely to fill the entire screen. If so what parameters are the ones I need to adjust to move the image about the x and y axis?

thanks,
John
ShALLaX
Site Admin

Post by ShALLaX »

fbset _might_ work ... ive never really looked into it. Other than that, there is no actual way of recentering - the calculations are done in the kernel driver (Focus never actually recenters... the algo is way too complex -- apparently, instead it just stays at a fixed top/left position).
The original Xbox adaptation of Gentoo