gentoox boots from disk but not from evox

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
tuckie
Linux User

Post by tuckie »

tuckie wrote: This is after i installed it again thorugh the cd instead.
:wink:
vplayer

Post by vplayer »

oops sorry I didnt read that line before.

Can you give info on what kind of configuration you have. you already told what version of xbox you got.

whats the size of hdd, what mod chip, what bios, how much space u have left on ur hdd.
Box: XBOX ver 1.1
Mod: Xecutor 2.3 lite+
Hdd: WD 80GB
Dash: Evox, Ava, XBMC
Linux: Gentoox Pro 4.2
tuckie
Linux User

Post by tuckie »

sure,

i have a 200gb hd w. gentoox installed on the E:\ drive with 4.7gb free.
I have an xecuter 2.1 with 4983.67 bios.
vplayer

Post by vplayer »

hi,

do you want to try to install it on the f drive instead of filling up e drive. Dont know whether that will have anything to do with the problem though.

hold off on this idea... I read something on the FAQ page about if the hdd is more than 137G it wont work if you install on F. Wait for someone else to give more suggestions...
Box: XBOX ver 1.1
Mod: Xecutor 2.3 lite+
Hdd: WD 80GB
Dash: Evox, Ava, XBMC
Linux: Gentoox Pro 4.2
tuckie
Linux User

Post by tuckie »

thanks for trying. Im not sure what exactly my problem is, the install cd won't even boot from evox, so im not sure what my problem is.
tuckie
Linux User

Post by tuckie »

just looked again at my install, i guess it was installed to the F drive. I tryed moving it back using the new resctoox disk, but i get a file space error even though it only needs 4.5 and i have 4.7gb free. anyone have any ideas why im getting that error?
ShAnnex
Linux User

Post by ShAnnex »

The last item of the FAQ (http://gentoox.shallax.com/modules.php? ... ral+FAQ#67) says:

"Not enough free space on E:
The installer (Stardust) keeps saying that you dont have enough space on E: ... because you dont have enough space on E:!
Certain tools may report that you have 4,500,000 bytes of space on your drive... and they are quite correct. But remember, 1KB is 1024bytes. This means that you need 4,718,192 bytes free to install Gentoox."

HTH,

Anne.