xbvset

A place to ask all newbie questions and not get flamed, though you will get beaten down if you post a newbieish question outside of these walls.
vplayer

Post by vplayer »

hey scoobaman, you can try this. If you have kde installed, go to menu option system - screen resize and rotate. This will start the program next to your clock at the bottom right, right click on it and then select configure display. There you can set 'orientation'. Hopefully that can fix it for you..
scoobaman
Linux User

Post by scoobaman »

i installed it again, and now it looks totally different. before it was very graphical, and cut off alot of the screen, but now its more squary(if thats a word) but now i dont think that there is a menu. i dont know what it is called, but its like the start menu in windows. at least now it only cuts of a bit of my screen. but where do i find the meny? as you can see, i am not too familiar with linux.
vplayer

Post by vplayer »

Hi,

if you can see the start menu like thing, just use your joystick and move on top of it and hit "A" and you can see the menu comeup.

But what do you want to do now.. that the screen doesnt get cut off..
scoobaman
Linux User

Post by scoobaman »

there is no menu that i can click on that shows different programs.
i can start the shortcuts, like firefox, terminal etc. and it is also split up some icons are on the top of the screen, and some are on the bottom. the screen kinda looks like this, but of coarse no k with the star around it for the menu. and again it is split up, half and half, on top and on bottom.

http://www.zorg.org/linux/xboxlinux1.png
scoobaman
Linux User

Post by scoobaman »

and again it does get cut off a little bit, but i want to access the menu so i can try what you said before, but there is no menu to select . si i want to try this :

hey scoobaman, you can try this. If you have kde installed, go to menu option system - screen resize and rotate. This will start the program next to your clock at the bottom right, right click on it and then select configure display. There you can set 'orientation'. Hopefully that can fix it for you..
veritas777

Post by veritas777 »

You are not going to believe this. YOu know how I could never get past the resolution thing? Well, I was stupid. I had been putting in an asterisk, from the numpad, instead of an x. I almost ran my head into the wall more than once when I realized how stupid my error was. Good luck Scooba.
scoobaman
Linux User

Post by scoobaman »

the reason that i cant change it in xbvset, is because i have a 1.6 xbox and so far it can not be fixed. unless someone has another way to fix it, i give up on linux on my xbox.
v_lestat

Post by v_lestat »

i have a similar issue

Toshiba 27'' TV xbox 1.0

800x600 or 640x480 the screen is not as large as my tv,
the right side is all the way to the right but the left side is a good inch or 2 away from the edge. same with the top and bottom.

this has been typical with this tv when i had my pc hooked to it unless i used TVTool and adjusted a setting in there, sorry i dont recall what it is.

is there a way to allow the screen to actualy fit my TV screen so i dont have the infamous black bars around the screen ??

also is there a flicker setting, the fonts at 800x600 totally suck. they are all blurry. TVTool had this fix and it worked great.

thanks in advance fellas.
scoobaman
Linux User

Post by scoobaman »

what version xbox do you have?
v_lestat

Post by v_lestat »

it's a 1.0

the screen is actually shifted to the right too much and a small amount of the right side is off screen.

so i need to shift the entire screen to the LEFT and then use the HOC and VOC to stretch the screen a bit

see whats wierd is that for 3/4 of the loading of gentoox the entire screen is filled up perfectly. top bottom left and right are all perfectly fit to my tv,, but then the screen flickers and then its shrunk down and its too small.

my X and Y coordinates are off slightly so thats why its shifted but how to change that ???

and shallax do you know what the HOC and VOC settings are during the loading that makes the screen fit perfect ?? and then what does it change to that the screen is all wrong ? if we can get it to stay with its settings then the screen would be great.
scoobaman
Linux User

Post by scoobaman »

hey, i have a program that you use in linux and it lets you resize the screen, give me your email address and i can send it to you
v_lestat

Post by v_lestat »

yeah but does it work for gentooX on the xbox using a TV ?

and what exactly is it ? id like to learn a bit about it before i go taking files from perfect strangers.
vplayer

Post by vplayer »

yeah scoobaman what is it.. If it works I think all in the gentoox world can benefit from that. Why not share it with us and if its a nice utility maybe shallax would include it tooo
Box: XBOX ver 1.1
Mod: Xecutor 2.3 lite+
Hdd: WD 80GB
Dash: Evox, Ava, XBMC
Linux: Gentoox Pro 4.2
v_lestat

Post by v_lestat »

yup absolutely.

hmm cometo think of it i wonder if the guy who made TVTool made a linux version... better go look.

btw wow what a difference the 128meg xbox mod makes wow.
scoobaman
Linux User

Post by scoobaman »

go to #Xbins and download res fix. its called xbv i think, i dont know if it is exactly what you are looking for, but you can try it. just go to xbins and download it.